Tired of looking for a rejuvenating product that usually ends up wasting money and getting no results? Then it's time to get acquainted with the effective anti-aging serum! What kind of composition it is, how it differs, how to choose it correctly and many other interesting information you can read here.
The amount of active ingredients in the serum is doubled compared to the cream.
A concentrated product or energy cocktail with a high content of biologically active substances in a liquid consistency is called serum or "serum". Compared to the cream, the amount of active ingredients in it is doubled. The most important feature of this product is the unique formula of the composition, which is almost completely absorbed by the skin cells.
Thanks to this action, anti-aging serums have an instant effect on the transformation of the skin of the face.
You can start using them from the age of 25, since various types of serums are produced, designed to meet the needs of the skin of all age groups.
What is the difference
Many do not understand how the serum differs from a regular cream or other cosmetic product, considering it another marketing ploy or a trick of cunning manufacturers who decided to increase sales of soybeans by releasing an unknown novelty on the market. In fact, there are indeed differences. They are as follows:
- serums are the most concentrated emulsions saturated with a variety of rejuvenating bioactive components;
- their consistency is created in such a way that the active ingredients quickly, deeply penetrate into the structure of the skin, gradually being released and completing the assigned task;
- the amount of preservatives in their composition is much lower, in contrast to creams;
- after the first application of this product you will see positive changes on your skin;
- the consumption of such a product is minimal, since it needs to be taken in a few drops;
- the composition is enriched not only with vitamins, minerals, but also with active acids that trigger the process of rejuvenation in cells.
What they are capable of
These formulations are chosen not according to the type of epidermis, but depending on the existing skin problems that need to be addressed.
Anti-aging serums are capable of:
- significantly rejuvenate the epidermis, improving its quality and appearance;
- visibly tighten aging and sagging skin that has lost its elasticity;
- smooth out small and medium-sized wrinkles, age folds, thanks to the high concentration of active ingredients;
- to get rid of pigmentation and whiten the skin surface;
- to extinguish inflammatory reactions;
- to strengthen small vessels and capillaries;
- eliminate dryness and tightness;
- to increase the tone and local immunity of the epidermis.
Cosmetologists advise you to adopt the following tips:
- choose a product based on your skin problems that need correction. It is wrong to select serum according to the type of epidermis, ignoring its defects;
- many manufacturers indicate the age range on the packaging, which is easier to navigate when making a purchase;
- due to the high concentration of active substances, these compositions can cause allergic reactions, therefore, they require a preliminary test on the skin in the wrist area;
- your purchase will be useful if you make it after consulting your beautician or dermatologist;
- carefully study the composition of the product, depending on the season, that is, lighter compositions are preferable for warm seasons, and dense ones for cold periods;
- apply emulsion in minimal amounts (drop by drop) and only after thorough cleansing of the skin surface. After 20 minutes, a thin layer of a daily caring cream can be applied to the skin.
Anti-aging serums can be used in the morning and in the evening, since they have no time limits for application.
The serum must be applied to previously cleansed skin.
How to use it correctly
The serum is applied exclusively to previously cleansed face skin, taking into account the direction of the main massage lines, both in the morning and in the evening. In the morning, such cleansing can be replaced by rubbing the skin with a tonic, and in the evening you will have to spend more time to completely remove makeup and dirt accumulated during the day.
A serum applied immediately after peeling will have the maximum effect, since the epidermis will be deprived of the dead stratum corneum, which retains a certain part of the composition on the surface.
Read the following rules for its application:
- rub in the serum with light massage movements, starting from the middle of the frontal zone, gradually moving to the temporal region, then treat the cheek area from the center to the auricles, then the nose, chin and neck.
- Cosmetologists recommend using cosmetic lines from the same manufacturer, because most often they complement, enrich each other and contribute to obtaining a more pronounced anti-aging effect.
- Such a remedy is recommended to be used in a course that implies daily use for 3 months, after which it is necessary to take a break or replace the manufacturer.
- Do not exceed the dosage in order not to oversaturate the skin with active ingredients that can cause allergic reactions. Each bottle of such a serum is specially equipped with a dispenser or pipette, which ensures the withdrawal of the required amount of the product (about 3 to 4 drops).
- Always carefully read the instructions for the preparation before use, as some manufacturers advise to carefully rub the composition into the epidermis.
- If you are using a serum and a cream, then it is imperative to observe a break between the application of these two preparations, which on average lasts about 5 to 10 minutes.
- You should not use such an anti-aging serum more than 2 times a day. During the year, no more than 4 courses can be used, between which a mandatory break must be observed so that the skin rests and does not get used to the same composition.
- It is allowed to use several active serums at once, but they must be applied to different parts of the face. This is best done after consultation and agreement with your beautician.
Any cosmetic product requires strict compliance with all manufacturer's instructions, therefore:
- a serum intended for a young epidermis is not suitable for aging skin;
- only regular use provides a lasting anti-aging effect;
- in the presence of papillomas and vascular network, it is not recommended to use such serums, since they will receive the maximum amount of active nutrients that stimulate their further growth and increase in size;
- if you have dark skin and do not want to change its color, then it is best not to use a serum, as it has a whitening effect;
- serums designed to improve and restore the oval and facial contours are not recommended for use before 35 years of age.
Rating of the best anti-aging serums
For those readers who want to choose a really high quality anti-aging serum, we present the following popularity rating:
- Anti-Stress Serumprovides fresh, radiant and rested skin from the first application. It contains valuable amino acids, echium, vegetable oil that instantly tone up and relieve everyday stress. The drug is packaged in separate ampoules, each of which is designed for 1 application. The full course of application is about 3 weeks. This serum is not recommended for owners of a sensitive type of epidermis, as it can cause irritation.
- Concentrateis highly popular due to its light, gel-like texture, absorbing quickly without leaving marks and a sticky feeling on the skin. Immediately after application, the skin becomes firm, radiant and velvety. Fine wrinkles are smoothed out, the skin is visibly tightened.
- Rejuvenating Serumis recommended for all skin types, but ideal for oily and combination epidermis. The drug actively smoothes even pronounced wrinkles, and is consumed very economically, since 1 application requires literally 2-3 drops.