From time immemorial, herbs have been used for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes, as well as to preserve youth, both internally and externally.
It's no secret that the decrease in skin elasticity and its aging occurs due to loss of moisture, cell death, slow recovery.
Herbs used for skin rejuvenation are designed, if not to prevent, then to slow down all these processes, being a real storehouse of vitamins, trace elements, antioxidants, immunomodulators and a source of moisture.
To achieve the maximum effect, it is customary to use herbal preparations.
Used in the form of infusions and decoctions, they regulate the functions of the body as a whole, and in the form of masks, lotions, tonics, creams, peels, scrubs and baths, they restore healthy skin color, its turgor and tone.
Anti-aging infusions and decoctions of herbs
Dried herbs and herbs are best stored in closed paper bags in a dry, dark place.
When preparing an infusion or decoction, herbs are brewed with boiling water and infused for a certain time, but they are not boiled or boiled!
The resulting drink is filtered and taken in prescribed amounts either in the morning before meals or in the evening after all meals.
- Tibetan collection. Chamomile, St. John's wort, birch buds, immortelle in equal parts are poured with boiling water at the rate of 1 tablespoon per 500 ml of water. The resulting drink is divided in half, honey is added and one half is drunk before going to bed, and the second - in the morning 20 minutes before meals. For the purpose of rejuvenation, it is recommended to use daily for 1 month a year.
- Linden, sage, chamomile and horsetail in equal proportions, cooked in the form of a decoction, will help maintain hormonal balance. True, it is recommended to drink it three times a day.
- If you suffer from high blood pressure and you are advised to strengthen the vascular walls, tea from Sudanese rose petals (hibiscus) will come to the rescue. It also helps to maintain the tone of the body as a whole.
- Garlic. Few people know that this plant, which has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect and has an action against free radicals, also works as an excellent anti-aging agent. Its daily use provides a lasting rejuvenating effect.
What herbs to wipe the face for rejuvenation
Remarkable is the fact that anti-aging herbal procedures are practically safe for external use, one has only to take into account individual intolerance.
Before taking a rejuvenating herbal bath, you should wash yourself to get rid of dirt and grease.
- Calendula. This plant has pronounced antibacterial and anti-allergic properties, is used to treat many skin diseases and promotes the production of collagen in the skin, which helps maintain its turgor. This plant is used both for washing and is advised to be added to tea.
- Allantoin, which is part of comfrey, promotes the growth and renewal of skin cells, is often added to cosmetic creams. You can make a face mask with it. Her recipe: chop comfrey leaves, add a teaspoon of sour cream or cream, mix everything. It should be a thick cream. Apply it on clean skin for 10 minutes, then rinse.
- Aloe vera has long been considered magical in terms of rejuvenation. The plant gives the skin a healthy glow and smoothness, enhances the regeneration and hydration of skin cells. This is one of the most easily accessible facials.
- Astragalus root perfectly heals the body as a whole, and also fights against its withering. Usually, tea is prepared from the root of this plant, which they drink, they also wash their faces or make ice cubes from it, which they wash their faces with.
- Ginkgo biloba. It contains many amino acids and plant collagen, which is so necessary to maintain skin elasticity. The plant has bactericidal and antifungal properties, which makes it a wonderful natural antiseptic. Ginkgo biloba can be used to make a facial cleanser.
- The following herbs are suitable as a collection for baths: chamomile (for the purpose of general disinfection of wounds and microcracks); rose petals (have a general rejuvenating effect); clover (smoothes the skin); tansy (relieves fatigue, swelling of the legs, improves well-being).
Facial skin rejuvenation with the help of herbs is used both in the production of expensive cosmetic products and in salon cosmetology.
Women everywhere trust herbal remedies as the safest.
Given the fact that the amount of useful plant extracts in the composition of ready-made products is minimal, it is more correct and cheaper to use herbs for rejuvenation in home care.
The only thing to keep in mind is the location of the herbs: try to collect material away from highways and definitely not in the city.
- St. John's wort, aloe, sea buckthorn, currant are the most suitable for facial rejuvenation - these plants fight free radicals well, and also contribute to better cell regeneration. Squeeze from aloe leaves, cut and aged in the refrigerator for 10 days, is an order of magnitude more effective than fresh, since during wilting this plant actively produces unique biological substances that stimulate cell regeneration. A mask made from aloe leaves processed into a gruel prepared in this way is an excellent anti-aging agent.
- If you have linden flowers, fireweed flowers and leaves, or mint leaves on hand, these ingredients will nourish and hydrate your skin and improve your complexion. Chamomile is often added to such mixtures. Herbs are used in the form of cold or hot (heated in a water bath to body temperature) compresses from decoctions.
- Infusions of calendula, flax, oats and viburnum have a good anti-aging effect, smooth wrinkles, prevent the appearance of new ones, and also activate the production of elastin by skin cells.
- Rowan, wild rose, rhodiola, parsley are used as a tonic for tired skin. The result of their use is freshness and radiance.
- For mature skin after 50 years, a mixture of blackcurrant leaves, St. John's wort, mountain ash is suitable. A decoction is prepared in the usual way, used in the form of a tonic or compresses, and aloe, honey and a chicken egg can be added to the squeezed precipitate and applied to the skin of the face for 15-20 minutes.
- On the basis of butter and horsetail powder, you can prepare a face cream that is applied at night. To do this, mix 30 grams of butter and a couple of tablespoons of chopped herbs, melt the mixture in the oven, avoiding boiling, and then cool, use before going to bed after cleaning the skin, store in the refrigerator for no more than five days.
The use of herbs given to us by nature to rejuvenate the skin and the body as a whole is the most budgetary and, at the same time, the most reasonable way to maintain youth both from the inside and out.
One has only to remember that, being medicines, many plants have both indications and contraindications. There must be a measure in everything!