The word "peeling" comes from the English expression "to peel", which means "to peel". For the first time this procedure was used in Ancient Egypt: applied balms, oils and acid to conduct what today is called "chemical peeling".
In Ancient Rome and Greece for these purposes used lemon and grape juices, wine and tartaric acid, sour milk, they later came to Europe. In Asia, the procedure appeared in the Middle ages and quickly became the most popular cosmetic product to maintain the beauty of the skin.
The types of peels
All types of peels can be divided into two groups:
- Home peels – this includes the purchase of products and traditional recipes. The main difference of this species: the almost complete absence of trauma, a less pronounced effect and the ability to use a peeling on your own, without spending time and money to visit the salon. Folk remedies have the effect of accumulation: the longer and more regularly they use, the better the result. Home peels are not suitable for solving serious problems, however, copes with slight imperfections and can be used as prophylaxis.
- Salon peeling including chemical, laser, mechanical, ultrasonic, and other types. The main feature of the procedure are speed and efficiency: after a few visits, there is a significant positive change, heal many skin problems to solve that by using a home option failed. Salon exfoliation is strictly professional cosmetologist in the office, as it implies the use of highly concentrated products and devices, improper use of which can cause significant harm. In addition, this kind of cleansing is not suitable for frequent use.
The exposure depth peeling is divided into several types:
- Soft surface: these include home-made peels to maintain the appearance of the skin and for cleansing. The other types of predominantly cabin.
- Surface: it affects the upper Horny layer of the skin without penetrating too deeply. Helps to smooth the skin, eliminate fine wrinkles and spots, narrow pores. It can also be used to prepare the skin for other cosmetic procedures.
- Median: this option is ideal for those who want to get rid of hyperpigmentation, scars, deep wrinkles, enlarged pores, and serious skin diseases. Complete recovery takes several weeks, but the reviews confirm that it's worth it. After recovery, the face looks younger for 5-10 years.
- Deep peeling: it is necessary after 35-50 years, when the wrinkles became much deeper, and the skin can not recover on its own. After done the procedure often need inpatient stay, however, the effect persists for several years.
The result of peeling
The result of using the peel of any kind about the same, the main difference is in the depth of penetration:
- Occurs exfoliation of dead skin cells, removing the top layer, the skin becomes smooth and soft;
- Massage skin and body, stimulates circulation and the production of collagen and elastin, the skin gets proper food and getting younger due to the active formation of new cells;
- Tiny particles and acid penetrate into the pores and clean them, allowing you to get rid of pimples, blackheads and inflammation, clear black spots and narrow pores;
- Through cleansing removes the layer of excess fat, regulates the sebaceous glands, the skin gets a matte finish.
- After the application of peeling skin much more effectively perceive follow-up care, both for home and salon.
Among the dozens of recipes peels that can be done at home, especially highlighted exfoliation with coffee grounds and baking soda. Due to the small particles, they clean the skin and help to prevent roughness, dull complexion and clogged pores. Both are superficial peels. Reviews also recommend the use of coffee body scrub.
Among chemical particularly note the peeling of a mixture of herbs, aspirin or hilak Forte. In stores you can find ready-made chemical peels, which contain a safe amount of acid. During application it is necessary to strictly follow the instructions.
Popular salon peels
Salon facial peels are divided into several types in accordance with materials used. Each species has its own characteristics and can be proposed by the cosmetologist depending on the problem. To obtain the correct result it is necessary to have a course of several procedures.
One of the most popular chemical peels is: under the influence of acid occurs a controlled burn that destroys the upper layer of the skin. This allows you to update the epidermis, getting rid of many problems. The procedure is not recommended if you have dry or overly sensitive skin.
Depending on the acid and its concentration it is suitable for almost everyone. Superficial peels include milk (35-70%), glycolic (25-70%), salicylic (15%), almonds (30-50%), grape (25-50%), a mixture of salicylic and lactic acid with a special substance. The median impact have phenolic (25-35%), salicylic (30%), acetic (10-40%).
Chemical peels can be performed at home, but its concentration must be significantly less to avoid side effects or burns due to improper use.
The process is the same in both cases: on the cleansed face for a few minutes to apply a mixture, which is then removed by solvent and the large amount of cold water.
Separately worth noting meso-peeling. It is performed using glycolic acid (1%) and has almost no contraindications, redness and flaking of the skin in the rehabilitation process. You can use it any time of the year.
One of the types of chemical peeling is peeling "Sea needle". It helps to deal with keratosis, acne, premature aging skin, sun damage, enlarged pores, scars and pigmentation. The peeling is completely natural and consist of minerals, trace elements and vegetable proteins, which strengthen capillaries and have anti-inflammatory action.
Mechanical exfoliation is suitable for sensitive skinas it doesn't hurt her. On cleansed skin, spray the abrasive particles, which remove the top layer of the skin making it more supple, clean and smooth. At the same time smoothing wrinkles, removing scars and marks from acne.
Ultrasonic and laser peels
Its popularity stems from the speed: a good result is noticeable almost immediately, in addition, the skin is not damaged and does not require a long recovery. During the procedure, the device is used and ultrasonic waves, which accelerate the skin's metabolism and help it to update itself.
Has a similar effect, laser peel, but instead of ultrasound is used laser. It stimulates the metabolism and helps to smooth wrinkles and eliminate under eye circles.
This is the most easy and gentle exfoliation, apply which can even holders of dry and sensitive skin. Its effect is due to enzymatic substances (enzymes) that improve circulation, stimulate collagen and have a positive effect on the immune and endocrine systems. The enzyme peel is suitable for simple skin problems.
Contraindications to the use of peeling
Every procedure has a number of contraindications, which must notify the beautician for advice. Common contraindications include:
- Pregnancy and lactation, age under 18;
- Allergy and individual intolerance to the components;
- The temperature of any viral disease, because the body is weakened by illness;
- The acute form of chronic diseases;
- Herpes in the acute stage, inflammation, purulent rashes and pimples on the affected area.
Also, each chemical peel has a number of side effects, the most common ones are redness, swelling, violation of sensitivity, flaking. The symptoms pass in a few days.
After salon procedures required some time to avoid sunlight, not to sunbathe, not to visit the sauna, steam room, swimming pool or Solarium, but also do not use any aggressive cosmetics.
Exfoliation at home or salon is one of the main ways to restore skin clarity, softness and elasticity. Depending on the purpose and condition of the skin beautician can offer a good rate salon peels, after which the result will be to maintain the house. The selection of the best peeling for the face depends on the condition of the person and problems.
In addition to the person to apply the peel on the whole body. This will help to make the skin gentle and soft, get rid of cellulite, stretch marks, inflammations, and rashes, wrinkles and excess weight. It is worth remembering that one peel is not enough: it must be supplemented by exercises, diet, massages and other treatments.